Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I knew a girl named Edna.

The wine input has been pretty ridonkulous lately. I'll put back a few bottles with the holmes Neel and also drink a bottle with dinner with my parent's who seem to enjoy my selections. Probably not so much if they were a regular reader of the blog however. Sulfites are a bitch.


2005 Edna Valley Paso Robles Cabernet - $10.99 at Costco, like other wines from the central coast of Paso Robles near San luis Obispo, these wines are delicious and sweet. Wonderfully smooth and drinkable. Think Estancia, Liberty School & Justin.

My mom doesn't seem like she really cares but my pops does, so I'm more than down to try new bottles whenever i'm shopping at Costco or at the Korean supermarket. As long as the bottles are in that $8 to $15 range, I'm willing to experiment. They are really down with Washington State wines as they tend to be more subtle (there's a B in subtle?) and less in your face than napa cabs. Up next to bat sometime this week is a St. Francis Red Table wine, we'll see how that goes.


No comments: