Monday, March 10, 2008

On the Cheap

2004 St. Francis Red Table Wine - Priced at $7.99 at Costco, it was not bad at all. A wine for any occasion and for any tastes really. Think of the house wine at Bucca di Beppo's or any other Italian restaurant, it'll go well with whatever you're eating. Would I buy again? Perhaps, I had this along with a spinach-olive lasagna I made a few weeks back. Did I mention that i used a bechemel sauce for the base? Yeah, uh huh.


2002 Columbia Crest Two Vines Semillon Chardonnay - $2.99 at Trader Joe's. I actually bought this cause I needed a white wine to pair with a baked salmon in parchment paper I was making later in the afternoon for a late lunch early dinner for my parents. Yes, pairing foods is what's up, not really, I figure it was warm and I was cooking fish, whatever. Actually it was whatever. I didn't finish it and instead had some ice cream.

No comments: