Friday, March 7, 2008

My Minds Hazy And My Bodys Lazy

I woke up this morning fairly toasty. 


2005 Groth Chardonnay - The first white wine of the season for us. Light, sweet and not very acidic. Not as buttery as I'm used to but still fairly good, might have been better if the weather was warmer. Hopefully we can elaborate more on white wines as global warming creeps up.

2005 Stag's Leap Winery Merlot - Yeah whoa. I'd much prefer the Pine Ridge Crimson Creek Merlot for the same price but sometimes it's nice to try something new. How else would any one discover something good? Honestly, I don't remember this too much which may mean it was unmemorable.

2004 Robert Mondavi Cabernet - Interesting. Lots of tannins, yeah I said that. Could even cellar this for a few years, yeah that happened too. Solid cab from possibly the largest Napa wine producer. Decent price but it's like eating at a chain restaurant, if that analogy works. I'm sure you can find other smaller scale wines to try.

Rogue Morimoto Soba Ale - Beer and wine don't mix. Although they are usually sold in the same establishments, they really don't work well with one another. This was good. Real good. Crisp with a slight Pale Ale like bite at the end. I could see this working well with a nice salty bowl of soba noodles and tempura. Although it didn't take me back to all those times i've had it at SobaYa, it was still went down well.

No comments: