Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bottoms Up

I honestly don't know why I didn't do this from the get go but hindsight is always 20/20. This past year has been filled with some ridiculous wines, granted we've posted here and there about some of them but I just don't know why we didn't just post the bottles, good or bad, with or without descriptions or opinions on the blog. I know up here in the Northern Californian division of the blog, Neel and I will meet up every 3 weeks or so and get our fill on grape juice or as some may call purple drank.

So with the start of 2008 which looks to be an even more awesomer year, hopefully we can post up all the bottles, good or bad on this bad boy for all to see. I'll get this rolling with the rundown of what was on the tasting menu the last time Neel and I met up.

1st Rounder - 2005 The Show Cabernet Sauvignon ($12.99 @ Cost Plus; decent more on this later)
2nd Rounder - 2005 Ridge (Ponzo Vineyards) Russian River Zinfandel (extremely spicy probably better with food)
3rd Rounder - 2004 Clos du Bois North Coast Cabernet ($8.99 @ Costco or wherever wine is sold)

Now some may see this and call it a bit excessive, damn those pundits! I say f*ck the pundits, thats why they're pundits! It's just a way to fight the good fight. The fight against free radicals as wine is jam packed with antioxidants.

Til next time.

(Currently listening to Frank Sinatra & the Count Basie Orchestra: Live at the Sands, Las Vegas)

No comments: