Saturday, May 12, 2007

Eat Drink & Be Merry

Now I'm no expert when it comes to wine, in particular pairing wines with food. I will eat and drink with reckless abandonment regardless of any complimentary pairing before me.

Now some experts will say that certain foods bring out the flavours and the aromas of wines, I won't discount it but being the young novice I really don't have the time or the patience. I'm sure red wines will pair most excellently with braised lamb shanks or perhaps even a roast duck with the mango salsa, or maybe white wines will taste superb with grilled swordfish steaks but for me who really cares?

Let's be serious here, who eats 7-course meals daily? Last time I checked, I don't have a a souz chef or a sommelier working for me nor do I want to do the dishes that come with such a meal. Being a regular joe, I eat regular joe food.

For example, don't discount pairing red wine with some smoky barbecued ribs, the Wednesday Subway sandwich of the day (smoked turkey), falafels, New York style thin crust pizza, Philly cheesesteaks, a bowl of udon, homemade corn tortilla quesadillas, an 20oz bone-in ribeye steak or maybe even some sashimi.

Moral of the story? Wine is good with anything. Tip your glass and salud!

1 comment:

DanK said...

Hey, i thought this blog was for reviewing wines, not tell one how to drink that sheit...

but i agree with u completely. just drink to get drunk/buzzed/loose/relaxed/etc..., "you might even fight a n_gger or two"